I had the pleasure of spending some time on the phone with Cato Institute Senior Fellow and author of the blog, International Liberty, on the show this evening. We discussed Liberal ideology and deficit reduction, the economic problems in Greece and a recent study that states individualism vs collectivism is the only cultural factor that has a significant impact on long-term economic growth. Guess which one leads to growth? Enjoy the interview.
- Dan Mitchell’s Home Page, International Liberty
- Dan’s Blog, My Big Fat Greek Budget
- The Cato Institute
Articles Mentioned in Podcast
- The non-mysteriousness of liberal support for deficit reduction
- The Importance of Deficit Cutting to Liberal Economists, pre-Crisis Edition
- Which Dimensions of Culture Matter for Long-Run Growth?